sports is love
I’ve been meaning to write about the epic sports bouts I’ve been following these past few weeks, but man, we’ve just been so thoroughly clobbered by magnificent sports matches, it’s HARD OKAY. Here’s how my outline looks like:
1. NBA Playoffs
- OKC beat Spurs in Game 6. I kind of rooted for OKC throughout — young team with so much to prove, etc etc. Plus they beat the Lakers? Impressive. Interesting that they had to beat 3 champs: Dallas, Lakers, Spurs — to get to the Finals. Hard-won through and through.
- Miami beat Celtics in Game 7. Now THIS was heartbreaking. I was kind of hoping for an OKC-Celtics Finals, but I’ve got to say LeBron totally killed in Game 6 and 7. Well done, LBJ. I watched the fallout of Game 7 via Yahoo’s live box score updates – thanks Yahoo! Also: Dear Boston, ANDUN NA EH. Sad.
2. Tennis: French Open
- Sharapova beat Errani. Women’s bodies in motion. Beautiful, whatever the sport. (Wait till we get to the volleyball part of this post) I love women’s tennis because of all those wonderfully toned girl arms. JESUS CHRIST. I am so gay. Anyway, thanks to @rolandgarros on Twitter for this precious Sharapova photo, post-championship, in the locker room. (Also, Sharapova’s French? Elementary but HNGGG WHATEVER)
- Nadal beat Djokovic – Nadal goes on to win his historic 7th Roland Garros title off Djokovic’s double fault (!!) during match/championship point. RIDICULOUS ACTUALLY I EXPECTED A REALLY LONG RALLY. But wow, this was such a match. Rain delayed pa sa lagay na yan.
3. Football: Philippine Team
- Azkals scoreless draw with Malaysia (0-0) Frustrating match, generally, but boy was I happy Stephan Schrock came out to play this game. Heee. Such a girl sometimes.
- Azkals drew with Indonesia (2-2) Oh man, those two Younghusband goals toward the end were AWESOME.
4. Women’s Volleyball
- Ateneo beat UST in Shakey’s V-League championship. Caught the replay on TV last night and my god, how heartbreaking was that fifth set loss for UST? Tied at 13-all after an exhilarating UST rally, before Ateneo went on to finish, 15-13. HEARTBREAKING. Ateneo was up two sets, then UST clawed back two sets to force a fifth set, and Ateneo was ahead for most of it until UST started clawing back to tie 13-all. Siguro kung andun ako nanonood naloka ako sa tension. Anyway — women’s bodies in motion! I love looking.
- Also: I MISS DLSU WVT MALAPIT NA BA ULIT? (sad)
- Bradley beat Pacquiao in controversial split decision. I didn’t watch it because I thought it would be a boring PacMan show, but when I got out of the cinema (we watched Madagascar 2 — enjoyable! Yes we are five years old!) I was confused when all the tweets were about Bradley winning via decision. WHAT. Anyway, mag-move on na tayong lahat, see you in November $$$ (kaching!)
OKAY DI BA ANG DAMING NANGYARI. Also tonight: Azkals vs Guam! Bukas: Game 1 of OKC-Miami finals! Kapit, bawal huminga!