I AM TAKING FOREVER WITH THIS. JFC. Started this entry four days ago, and here I am STILL UNFINISHED. Anyway, thanks Eliza for the shoutout! (And congratulations on the nifty dotcom!)
(CONFESSION: I am actually more excited about the answers of my co-nominees — sa sobrang bagal ko tapos na sila haha! Here be their answers: Drea’s, Almi’s and Kat’s. Also, Almi’s nominee Rhea’s answers are here. Obviously I am bookmarking all of them for lengthy reax laterssss.)
ANYWAY. This says a lot about my blogging habits lately. Ugh. But yeah, without further ado–
The rules are:
Share 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
Ask 11 questions of your own.
Nominate 11 bloggers.
Eleven facts about myself:
1. I guess I should start from the beginning. This is where I say I am eldest of three children and I was born in the living room. Actually a funny story shared over drunk dinner during my 28th birthday — on the day I was born (halfway between Christmas and New Year), my grandmother was in town from Leyte expecting my arrival, but ON THAT DAY she decided to go to Divisoria. Not even kidding. She actually asked my mother to go, but she stayed at home. Imagine, I should have been born in DIVISORIA. Then I can say, I WAS BORN TO BE A SHOPPER! Not really. Haha. Also, my aunt said when I was born, my eyes were wide open. And that I was dark and ugly. These kinds of stories you can’t really defend yourself from, no? I wasn’t really there. Haha.
2. I love school. There, I said it. I love it. I love the structure of it, the whole sitting in class during a lecture thing, having a teacher. Man, I love teachers and their wisdom. I even kind of love exams. (Especially when I pass them haha.) And math. There, I said it, too. I love math, but it doesn’t love me. SOB.
3. I have been living away from home (Cavite) for nearly 12 years — 6 in Quezon City, 6 in Makati. It’s been swell. I remember in college when I first moved out of shared housing and into my own room in Maginhawa, all I had — ALL I HAD — was an icebox. No kidding. It was March and it was so hot and all I had was a bottle of Pepsi and some ice. And sometimes Red Horse. AND NOW we have a fridge. And it’s full of VEGETABLES AND FRUITS I CAN’T EVEN.
4. My favorite cigarette brand was Lucky Strike menthols. It was fun while it lasted. I used to be a real fan of smoking in college. Could smoke through a whole pack one afternoon while talking to friends. Of course, I’d feel horrible after, but it was all worth it. Speaking of worth it: I let a friend put a hickey on me just to win a bet. The prize: West Ice cigs. Man they tasted like mentos. And I took care of the hickey with an ice cold can of Pepsi.
5. I wish I still read a lot. Like, for leisure. The book by my bedside is actually Clash of Kings. I haven’t made decent headway into it because SCHOOL HAPPENED and I feel guilty whenever I remember I actually have a TON OF required reading. Enough said. I remember that time I still wandered into book stores and bought whatever appealed to my heartbreak. That was how I got my copy of Written on the Body. Now I don’t even buy books anymore. My girlfriend does that for me. Hehe.
6. When I’m upset about something I clean my bathroom. Magulo man ang buhay ko, malinis naman ang CR ko. Haha. Check na check. But sometimes I also clean my bathroom because I feel like it. Hehehe. I remember talking with an about-to-be-married friend the other night, and she was telling me how ‘unfortunate’ her husband-to-be was going to be as she didn’t know how to cook, do the laundry and clean the bathroom, and I was like: GIRL THOSE MAKE UP THE GRAND TRIUMVIRATE OF WIFEHOOD GET TO IT. I said ‘wifehood’ just for emphasis/deadline effect, but not in that sexist way e.g. wives have to know these things. I’m saying — EVERY PERSON MALE OR FEMALE MUST KNOW THESE THINGS.
7. I think Lost Girl is the best show on TV that you’re not watching. Idk. I think it’s Buffy 2.0 — strong female lead with a perpetual dilemma, a witty devoted best friend/sidekick, a wise father figure, LOVE LIFE CHOICES, big bads, etc. PLUS SHE’S INTO GIRLS HEY. I love it. It’s only Season 3 — problematic first ep notwithstanding, it’s shaping up pretty good.
8. I remember my dreams in the morning. Like, the other night, I was really mad at my sister because we were supposed to board an international flight and we almost didn’t make it because she spent all afternoon skateboarding. That said, I don’t know where that came from. Haha. I always dream about botching something at the airport — missing passports, running around lost at the terminal, that sort. I actually have interesting dreams — I have a familiar dream beach I go to every now and then, and it’s somewhere that I actually have never gone to in real life. Plus, I can totally get interrupted in the middle of an interesting dream AND THEN decide to sleep again to continue it. It’s a pretty neat skill.
9. Going back to airports — I have been out of the country only once, and it was to attend a diabetes-related coverage in Copenhagen last year. We visited an insulin-making plant, which was AWESOME, and drank mojitos on the hotel patio. A good trip, that. (LOL the things I remember about this trip. Priorities!)
10. I’m a doodler. It’s how I stay attentive during meetings. People think when you doodle you’re just being inattentive, but ACTUALLY, when I doodle I become more focused than I am when I’m looking. Seriously. So if you see me doodling while you’re saying something, it’s actually because I want to focus my brain on what you’re saying.
11. I’m a troll. There, I said it. I get a kick out of overtaking really slow walkers on Ayala or in the malls, and then deliberately walking very, very slowly in front of them. Talk about a dose of your own medicine, hey? HAHA. It drives Andrea nuts, but I think she understands better now that SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT. My god. People have places to be, Jesus!
Eliza’s questions were:
- What is your favorite color? Orange. It is said that it is a color that stimulates appetite. Well, there you go. Haha.
- If given the chance to live in a foreign country, where would you go? Norway. Apparently they’re the happiest nation on Earth right now.
- What’s the last film you’ve seen? Did you like it? Les Miserables! I LOVED IT! (MYGOD MARIUS! COSETTE DOESN’T EVEN GO HERE!)
- What’s the last book you’ve read? Would you recommend it? Game of Thrones. Yes, go read it.
- What course did you finish in college? If given the chance to choose another course, what would it be? Journalism. I wouldn’t have done it any other way, but if I had to, meh — maybe Business Ad.
- If someone’s going to make a film about your life, who would you choose to play your mother? Meryl Streep. (LOL feel ko ako si Amanda Seyfried sa Mamma Mia teh)
- Favorite cake flavor? ice cream flavor? Ugh, I miss cake and ice cream. Brazo cake and Cookies & Cream ice cream.
- What would you say is your talent? Show off with pictures if necessary. LOL. I organize things. I think my true calling is as an events organizer. How Capricorn.
- Worst job experience? Blowing my top over the phone with an ed. At 8 p.m. Not my finest moment.
- Worst vacation/trip so far? Hmm I usually love all of them. But if I had to choose — Boracay 2005, where I lost my first cell phone.
- Best vacation/trip so far? Copenhagen 2012.
- What was the first cell phone you owned? Do you still have it? If not, how did you lose it?
- Android or iOS? Why?
- What do you think is your greatest achievement? (Naks, gusto ko yung sagot nagsisimula sa, Thank you for your very good question.)
- If you were a Mortal Kombat character, how would your Fatality move look like? (FINISH HIM!)
- Which musical group (local/foreign) are you dying to see live?
- If you were a pizza, what would your toppings be and why? (Or why not? LOL.)
- What’s the most valuable advice you can give to your 18-year-old self?
- Share the song that’s on loop in your head right now.
- What TV series (local/foreign) are you watching right now?
- They’re going to make an ALL-GIRL EXPENDABLES-ISH MOVIE! Please suggest a woman you think should be on it.
- If you could write a children’s storybook about anything, what would it be about?
I’m not sure whom of you guys have more than 200 followers, but I hope you answer just the same! 🙂